Solid week of running before I go back up to 45 miles next week.
- Sunday: Rest day…recovery.
- Morning: Easy 6 miles.
- Afternoon: Easy 4 miles followed by 3 x Purcell Hills. Purcell is a road near my house that has a very large hill that resembles the ones I will see during my race (SweetWater 50K) in mid-April. The grade of this hill is absolutely ridiculous and simply walking up it tires me out.
- Tuesday: Easy four miles..extremely fatigued because of other things happening in life.
- Morning: Met up with a friend and drove out to Sawnee Mountain. Beautiful morning and sunrise and so we just cruised on the trails. We ran up to the summit twice and did a lot around the base of the mountain. Excellent view of Georgia from the top. 6.94 miles
- Afternoon: 30 min trainer ride to help the legs recover… 8.64 miles
- Thursday: 3 miles easy… recovery from yesterday.
- Friday: 1 mile warm-up with 3 x (15 min @ 6:40 w/ 3 min rest) Definitely miss “fast” workouts, although I know 6:40 is nothing compared to what I ran during cross country. 8.66 miles
- Saturday: At Clemson for the National Scholars Program and supposed to take the day off…. However I needed to de-stress from my interviews, so I decided to run in my Vibrams to the indoor track to catch up with one of my friends from Davidson down at Clemson for a track meet. 3.11 miles
- Which Nations Are the Most Vulnerable to Climate Change?: Article that provides some interesting commentary on who should receive aid from the Green Climate Fund as climate change starts to wreck havoc across the world.
- China’s Droughts Near Worst in 200 Years: Food prices continue to be stressed… a look at the drought in China, the world’s largest producer of wheat.
- Thoughts on the New Boston Marathon Qualifying Standards: DCRainmaker’s take on the new Boston Marathon Qualifying Standards.